Saturday, February 23, 2013

April showers....???




Oh, dear.... February funk?! That's possibly what's happening to me.

Life is wonderful - lots of good things happening. In fact, I'd say that the family is moving forward through winter better than we usually do. The three biggest men went off winter camping, this week, no less - talk about drive and determination!!! Not for me, though.... I want to stay by the fire, fuddle around the house or work on photography.

I mean, anyone know what I'm a-talkin' about?!

And speaking of photography.... I do appreciate these quiet winter days. What a great opportunity to improve my post processing skills and to work on indoor photography (food and flowers in the 'studio')! But, do you ever feel like you could be pushing yourself harder? Like time is slipping by and it's so golden, you don't want to miss a bit of it?

and, yet....even though I feel like I could stretch farther, I've learned so much, this month.

But, there came this moment when the technical got too much for me. I probably should have just taken a break and walked away but I thought I'd go work on something else and the technical kicked me there, too. I went on to another frustration and, finally, decided I'd do a niiiiice and eeeeeasy flower. A simple flower! That's the ticket!

I put on Pandora radio to my cheery vintage station and the first song that came up was this:



It brought such a smile to my face...

...and I worked on my flower and didn't care and played and played and breathed and... I learned SO much...

...and it was FUN!


Stormy weather is past... even though,

it just started to snow again.










'don't be bluu-uuuueee, dooby, dooby doo...'







xo









13 comments:

  1. And love your different shades of pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your simple flowers shots are beautiful. So glad you decided to take it nice and easy...

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos!
    Your attitude about the blues is admirable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These have an ethereal quality to them; so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I especially love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos. I can totally relate to the February funk

    ReplyDelete
  7. A person hates to wish away their time but gosh, spring always seems to take so long to get here and then when it does, it's gone in the blink of an eye! sigh...let us hope the February blues turn into March happiness my friend!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katy, those are so pretty. Love the dreamy pastel colours. :) I feel the same all the time...hard to push myself further. Hope you are having a great start of March. Thank you for your lovely comments! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect song! You must have grinned all the way through.

    ReplyDelete